Friday, February 11, 2011

A Beautiful Tribute

...to my Aunt Shirley, written by my sister, Lisa...
Just click here and here.

The past couple of days have been very difficult ones. However, they were also beautiful and love-filled, sentimental and sweet too.

Our family spent the Thursday night and day helping to support Aunt Shirley as she made tough decisions. She will probably be with us only a few more days, so Friday my dear Aunt Shirley decided to enter hospice care for her cancer. They are working to ensure that my aunt is comfortable and pain-free. Family and friends have been with her around the clock since then. My wonderful husband has watched the kids so that I can be at the hospital as much as possible.

This time with my aunt and my family has been so bittersweet. We've cried, we've laughed as we shared sweet memories together, and we've just enjoyed being together with my aunt. Despite the sad circumstances that brings us all together, I am thankful for this time.

I am so sad to say good-bye to my aunt. I wish that we could have more time. I don't want to let her go yet. However, I am thankful that I have had the opportunity to have some one on one time with her, where I said what was in my heart.

She has lived such a beautiful, godly life, and I know that she is going on to a better place. And she'll feel so much better there.

But I will miss her terribly.

No comments: