Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Yes, she did.

Our family was just about ready to eat dinner tonight. As I was getting ready to take my first bite, Caroline said, "WAIT!!! You didn't take a picture of it yet!"

Yes, she did. Apparently, that's standard procedure around here...arrange a pretty meal on your plate and then take a picture of your masterpiece. I know. It's not right.

Anyways...she asked...I obliged...
My dinner tonight was button mushrooms, green peppers, and zucchini sauteed in olive oil and served on a bed of brown rice. It was yummy. :)

The diet's going great. I'm still having fun trying new foods and recipes. I'm still feeling great. I'm still exercising every day. And to top it off, I'm wearing jeans that are a size smaller, and am down about 15 pounds. I'm kind of stuck there, but considering that I've only been at this about 3 and 1/2 weeks, I'll take it.

My back is still doing well, and I'm very thankful for that. However, my right knee has been pretty sore for a few days. I'm a little mad at myself about it because I probably went too hard too fast. Grrr. Hopefully, scaling back my running on the treadmill in favor of faster walking will help. Maybe a little ibuprofen will help too. :)

1 comment:

Monkee said...

Awesome Job Sarah! A good way to bust through a plateau is to figure out how many calories you average on a day...then eat like 300-400 MORE for two days, then cut back to whatever it was you were at before...it tricks your metabolism to gear up again. Also, make sure you are getting all your water in! :)

BTW: Your dinners look amazing! Come cook for me? haha