Tuesday, June 15, 2010

So, what's this young man so excited about?!

Evan came outside with me to walk Moxie for the 103rd time today. ;) Under the bushes, he spotted...
THIS.
This frog was HUGE!


He asked me if I would get it for him. I said that Daddy was better at that kind of thing. (And truthfully, between you and me, I'm not such a fan of holding frogs.) I suggested that Evan run inside our house to ask Daddy to catch the frog for him.


So, I kept walking Moxie down the sidewalk. Suddenly I heard him yell, "Mom! MO-OM! I got him! ALL BY MYSELF!!!"
He did indeed. I was a little worried for the frog, as Evan had him firmly grasped along the middle. Perhaps a little too firmly for the frog's comfort and health.


I heartily congratulated him, and then suggested that he put the frog in a bucket. Caroline brought over a sandbucket, which was probably more comfortable for the frog, but maybe not as good for containment.


This bucket was better, but this frog was good. He hopped right out of this one too.
A deep wheelbarrow did the trick. We kept him for about an hour, and then decided that the frog probably had enough fun. Evan released him to the pond behind our house after a rather sad goodbye.

Farewell frog friend!

1 comment:

Monkee said...

Holy CRAP!! THat's a HUGE frog! lol! the ones we have by our house are tiny guys. I think this one was bigger than Evan! lol!