Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happy, HAPPY Henry

I just got off the phone with Henry a few minutes ago, and I honestly smiled the whole time he was talking to me. He was calling from his Webelos camp and talking a mile a minute, happily and excitedly sharing all of his adventures there. Here's my favorite bits of our conversation...

--They went swimming and rowboating. He talked of making sandcastles at the beach, jumping off the pier with all of his friends and how they had an "oar splash war" in their rowboats.
--They made tinfoil dinners at the campfire. There's nothing that tops that at a campout...hamburger, potatoes, carrots, onions, seasonings wrapped in tinfoil and cooked over a campfire. YUM!
--Their tent was by all of his best buddies. :)
--They caught some snakes (!). One of the snakes got nervous and peed on his friend, Ian's shirt. Of course, hilarity ensued amongst his friends. (Ian even thought it was funny, but promptly changed his shirt.)
--They caught a "legless lizard", but apparently it was NOT a snake. Hmm...I might have to google that one.
--They went rock-climbing! I'm kind of glad that I (and my fear of heights) wasn't there to see that.
--They are sleeping MUCH better than last year. That might have something to do with the fact that there have been no lightning strikes this year. :)
--Dave and Henry are once again sharing some good laughs. This year they were compliments of another camper and his mother. They were all in their tents for the night, when Dave and Henry heard a loud (sorry for being crude) fart coming from a nearby tent. A camper started giggling, while his poor mom, in the small, enclosed space of her tent, was gasping for air. Henry, Dave, and many other campers couldn't stop laughing. Hee-hee!

I am so happy that Henry is having such a wonderful time with his dad and his friends. Scouting is such a good thing!

1 comment:

Monkee said...

Wow! Sounds like he is having a blast!! Little Man has mentioned Boy Scouts. I really wish Bee would take him. They need that bonding father-son time!

I am glad Henry and David are having a good time! Henry will have those wonderful memories of him and his father for life!