Sunday, February 28, 2010

I FEEL GOOD! (Na-na-na-na-na-na-na)

Motherhood is wonderful, magical experience. I have been blessed. However, it is also a very big job, and I've found that I don't always have the time or energy to take care of myself like I should. I'm trying to change that.

First off, I get a lot of headaches, and some of them develop into migraines. I think that the reason I get so many headaches is because of eye strain. I made an appointment with my eye doctor, and for the past few weeks I've been adjusting to contacts. I've definitely been getting less headaches. I only had one this week, down from at least 3 or 4 a week. That is a good thing. (Migraines and motherhood don't mix!)

Second, my doctor recommended a good physical therapist. A couple of years ago, I had some major sciatic pain. Although the pain has gone away, I've had some residual numbness in my leg that would worsen whenever I tried to work out. I've been going to physical therapy for about a week and a half now, and already have felt such a difference. I have had no numbness in my leg at all today! I am thrilled to be learning how to handle this problem, and am now filled with hope that I'll be able to exercise and get into shape/feel healthier again. Today, I went to pick up a new pair of shoes and some workout clothes to celebrate. (How much of a geek am I that I just took a picture of my shoes?! But really, aren't they pretty?!) :)

No comments: