Monday, February 15, 2010

Parties, Parties, Parties!

So, Saturday afternoon, after everyone was packed for the weeked, Dave took the boys to meet our extended family at the waterpark. I took Caroline to a disco bowling party for her sweet friend, Karmyn. Aren't they cute?!

Then, Caroline and I drove to the waterpark to meet our family for Dave's cousin's 40th birthday party and Dave's Grandma's 90th birthday party.

Love this picture! When Dave's cousin, Aaron, lost at a game, he was subjected to the kids' "spanking machine"!

Then on to some fun at the waterpark...









All went well until it was time to go back to the hotel room for bedtime. We had it all worked out...Caroline would sleep with her cousin, Anabel, Henry and Seth slept in another bed, Dave and I in another, and Evan would sleep in a little cot. Unfortunately, the hotel ran out of cots that night. So we made a little bed out of a chair and ottoman where we thought Evan could spend the night. He was all set up with sheets, his favorite blankets, and his music box. Unfortunately, it took until 11:00 to get him to sleep. He slept a couple of hours there, and then joined Dave and I in our double bed. That was not quality sleep to say the least! Poor Dave finally gave up on sleeping there, and finally slept the rest of the night on the chair. And I spent the rest of the night with Evan using me as a pillow, kicking me, and all other things that lead to very little sleep.
Have I mentioned lately that he's three? That's the only thing that I can say in his defense. I do love him. :)
The next day I woke to a headache (cluster? migraine?) that worsened as the day went on, climaxing right before we were to go into the party for Dave's grandma. Fortunately, with some Tylenol, caffeine, and rest, I was able to join the party after a while. I was so happy that I could, because I would have been so sad to miss such a wonderful celebration...

No comments: