Wednesday, July 15, 2009

She's OK

Yesterday, Caroline took a tumble off her bike. She was wearing her helmet, of course, but she did hit her cheek pretty hard. We watched her last night, but she seemed to be fine.

Today she complained of a headache, and after we got back from a playdate in the morning, she complained of a stomach ache too. She became nauseous and dizzy, and then told me that she couldn't hear me well.

I started worrying that she might have a concussion. I called her pediatrician and he advised us to head over to the ER. I did, but by the time we were in the ER, she started to feel better. The doctor said that more than likely it was the fall that was causing her symptoms, but it was a good sign that she was improving. She advised me to watch her carefully over the next 24 hours, and if she worsened again, I should bring her back in for a CAT scan. They also X-rayed her jaw because she was having some pain there, but that checked out OK too.

Tonight, she has been well.

I am so thankful that she is ok, but am still feeling a little jittery about the whole experience. I'll be checking on her a few times tonight... :)

(This picture has nothing to do with her accident, but I thought it was cute and needed to be posted. :) It was taken a couple of days ago.)

No comments: