Sunday, July 19, 2009

Food, family, fun...

...that about sums it up for our Saturday night. We went to my cousins' house (Tom and Diana) for their son's high school graduation (Eric).
Eric and Diana
Cousins Tom and Jim as well as a friend
We were sooo excited that so many of our relatives, even some of our Florida relatives, could be there. My Uncle Bob and Aunt Pat (my mom's sister) drove up...

...and my cousin, Jim was also able to make it (although we missed his wife, Marci). Having everyone together was so much fun, and it brought back such fond memories all of the family gatherings at my Aunt Pat and Uncle Bob's house when I was growing up.

There was live music, compliments of The Spectacles. Their name is derived from the fact that they all wear glasses. :) My cousin, Pat, plays drums in the band, and my cousin, Jim, made a guest appearance. They seriously sound amazing. Their renditions of the classics are HUGE crowd-pleasers...

Caroline was so happy that she wore a "spinny" dress, and was convinced that some of the music was "Hannah Montana"!

Evan and my cousin, Mary, did a little dancing too. (I love her smile...it makes me happy!)

There was a little swing in the backyard that the kids loved. Henry informed me that it was the perfect spot to listen to the music and still be able to talk. It was there that he decided that he wants to start playing the guitar. Henry and I were talking about it on the swing when my cousin, Jim, joined us. He is a very gifted guitar player, and has always played the guitar at our family gatherings. (His version of Cat's in the Cradle is my absolute favorite!) He was so dear talking with us about Henry learning how to play the guitar. Jim even asked Henry if he could check out his hand, looking at the size of it and checking his strength. Jim said that with a lot of practice, Henry could do well. Henry was beaming!

We not only have future guitar talent in this family, but we also have future basketball talent. He needs a little boost now, but give him a few years.

****What a great party, Tom and Diana! Thanks for the pictures, Mary!

No comments: