Thursday, July 16, 2009

FINALLY...

...it came.

The past few days I feel like I've been stalking our mailman, watching for him and running out to the mailbox as soon as he delivers our mail.

You see, Kindergarten class placement letters were supposed to be delivered sometime this week.

I told myself as I waited that:
  • it didn't matter which teacher Caroline had for Kindergarten, that both teachers were very good.
  • Caroline will do well where ever she is, as she seems to adapt well and is an eager learner.
  • it didn't matter if she had morning or afternoon Kindergarten.
  • even if none of her friends are in her class, she would make new friends quickly and have playdates with her old friends.
But despite all of this positive thinking, I was still anxious about it.

Thank God the placement letters came today. I was driving myself a little crazy.

I'm happy with her teacher, the time she goes and how it fits into our schedule, and that she has a couple of friends in her class.

She was happy too, especially about her friends, and the fact that she has the same teacher that Henry had for Kindergarten. She told Henry about it, and they were so excited that they went running upstairs to get Henry's Kindergarten Memory Book. He proceeded to show Caroline a picture of "their" teacher, as well as pictures of things he did (and what she might do) in Kindergarten. Here's some of what she saw:

Kindergarten Henry

A sample of Henry's written work (Click to enlarge...I love the cross eyebrows and broken glasses in the picture.)

A memento from Hennnry's first day of school...really, he did know how to spell his name, but he was apparently really into those n's. :)

Our family tree, pre-Evan

No comments: