Thursday, June 18, 2009

Taking pictures

There have been many times in my life where I haven't taken enough pictures. This would NOT be one of those times. :)

When I go through a period of time where I'm not taking pictures, I feel a lot of guilt that I'm not doing enough to capture memories, and sadness when I look through my albums and there are bare spots representing time periods that I've missed. I usually think, "Oh, I'll take some pictures later," and then I wind up not taking any for days or weeks at a time.

Since I've started this blog, I have been inspired to pick up my camera every day. I laugh at some of the things that I am taking pictures of, but I truly am so happy that I have these pictures. Everything is so fleeting, especially kids' childhoods. Along with all of the tiredness and frustrations that goes along with young children comes a lot of happy, sweet times. I just listened to Trace Adkins' song, "You're gonna miss this..." , and I know I will.

A side effect of all of the picture-taking I've been doing is that the older boys have become a bit camera shy. Although I have to say that they've been getting better as of late as they've been reading our blog and love reliving their adventures. My photographing has had the opposite effect on Caroline. When she sees me with a camera, she is CONSTANTLY asking me to take a picture or video of her. :) She's a bit of a ham.

So, tonight after dinner, we headed to the school park, and of course, I started snapping pictures. The results? Nothing too extraordinary, but I'll treasure them just the same.








No comments: