Sunday, June 7, 2009

Do you think our kids miss school?

I'd love to say that our kids wake up every morning and run downstairs to do some school work, but, of course, that wouldn't be true. But THIS morning it was, and it was fun to see them all quietly working in the dining room. Even Evan. (What a fun phrase!) By the way, don't you love Seth's glasses? Do you think they make his school work 3D?!

Its making me envision what I could be doing with the kids this summer, aside from our outings like we had last week. What I'd like to do is have the morning for chores, play and outings, and the afternoon for Evan's nap and reading and school work for the older kids. We cannot keep up the pace that we had last week. All play and no work makes our home a little messy, and the kids forget some of what they learned last year. I need to find that balance for us. :)

No comments: