Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A picture is worth a thousand words...

I'd venture to say that this picture contains at least that. :)

I took it after another round of Dave teaching Caroline to ride her bike. (See the bike in the background?) Dave is obviously exhausted.

Caroline was beaming from the experience. She had her most successful ride ever, riding the length of our yard and our neighbor's yard. This girl is on the verge of kicking those training wheels to the curb! I still have her excited little giggles ringing through my mind.

She loves her Daddy.

See the basket on her bike? When we gave it to her, she was turning inside out with happiness. :) Now Baby Bear and Doggy travel with her on her bike riding adventures. (Side note: "Doggy" was briefly called "Princess Lola" today because Caroline thought it was the most beautiful name she had ever heard, and then she was renamed "Doggy" because she thought that name was cuter). I found the basket at Target for about 3 dollars. That three dollars was among the best money I've ever spent.

They called me outside to watch when I was in the midst of getting Evan ready for bed, so he came outside just in his pull-ups...and Froggy boots, of course. Lately they are his accessory of choice.

When Evan saw Caroline piling on Dave, of course he had to join in, very happy to have an outside reprieve from his bedtime.

When I was tucking Caroline in tonight, she was still on a high from her success. We talked about how when she officially is on two wheels we will have a bike-riding playdate with her two-wheeled friends.

It was a BEAUTIFUL day.

The following clip was not Caroline's best run at riding her bike, but it sure does give you a taste of what was going on! (And hear that stomping in the background? That was Evan walking in his Froggy boots.)

1 comment:

Mary Ellen said...

That a way Caroline! Grandpa and I just watched the video of you riding your bike! I am so happy that Baby Bear and Doggy are able to ride along with you on this new adventure.

Love,
grandma Orton