Sunday, May 10, 2009

10 years ago today...

...I spent my first official Mother's Day quite differently. We had plans to spend the day with my mom and dad. But instead, being very pregnant with Henry, I went into labor. We called my mom from the hospital saying that we couldn't get together with her, that we had made other plans. We were going to have our first child. I was going to become a mother for the first time.

8 minutes past Mother's Day, on May 10, 1999, Henry James Nosek was born. We are blessed with a funny, smart and caring young man, and are so thankful that God gave him to us.

Today, May 10, 2009, (Henry's Golden Birthday), we celebrated Henry, the special moms in our lives, and the blessing of motherhood with our extended family. It couldn't have been a more beautiful day, and it was wonderful to be together with everyone! (By the way, if you are wondering why Evan wasn't in this picture, there was a good reason. He was blowing Henry's candles out, the little stinker. :) )

2 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

It was wonderful being there for Henry's arrival ten years ago! It was wonderful sharing yesterday with the Noseks to celebrate Henry! We are so proud and thankful for this young man!

Thanks Dave and Sarah for making Mother's Day '09, a memory; I will cherish!

Love,
mom

Sarah said...

Thanks, Mom...I love you!