Friday, December 2, 2011

Preparing for Christmas

With my parents' help last week, we decked the halls. Then my mother-in-law came to stay with us on Monday and Tuesday to help us catch up and let me go Christmas shopping. Thanks to my family, Christmas is kind of getting under control around here. ;)

Buddy, our Elf on the Shelf, came for the first time yesterday morning! He hides in a new place every morning, watches the kids all day, and then flies back to the North Pole to report to Santa about if they were good or bad. Caroline was sooo excited, so much so that she wrote him a special note yesterday...




You can click on the picture to make it bigger...or you can read my transcription...
"You are the best elf on the shelf I ever had even thou I never had one before. I will miss you on Christmas. :( " By the elf, she wrote the following:
"I axadently made your hat to short."
"I axadently made you to fat."
"I axadently made your face to creepy looking." (Ha! Love that!)
Perhaps to make him feel better, she added, "but your smile is okay."
Hee hee!


Then Caroline wrote a letter that she wanted Buddy to deliver to Santa...

Dear Santa Claus:
In a book Mrs. Holly is Jolly, AJ said Santa you have to loose some weight. But you don't have to that's wat makes you magic. I only think that.
P.S. Can you give me some crazy school books for Christmas please?
Buddy Please take this note to Santa. P.S. This note is from Caroline.

She was a happy girl that Buddy and Santa replied! :)

Our ditto house picture has been making the rounds on Twitter too. One of my friends sent me this link, and I thought it was a good one. :) Click here to check it out.

Seth's championship football team made the paper, and he was so proud!
Well, that's us, up-to-the minute! Hope you are doing well!

No comments: