Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What do I miss most?

A couple of days ago, I hit a pothole. Doing so did something to my car...we're without heat, the defroster, automatic locks and doors, and music.

We haven't missed the defroster as we haven't needed it.

We HAVE sorely missed the heat. On the way to swimming class this AM it was about 9 degrees outside. Caroline and Evan were bundled up in all of their winter stuff and blankets. Caroline even felt the need to wrap her feet in scarves.

I very much have taken automatic locks and doors for granted. I will forever be grateful for them whenever I go anywhere with the kids. It's simply easier.

But, MANNNN, have we missed the music this week. The kids and I are addicted to the Christmas music stations. On the way home from swimming lessons this morning, Evan wanted me to sing "Santa Claus is coming to town" about 343 times. (He was really listening to the words, telling me that HE wasn't naughty, and HE didn't cry.) On the plus side, he did learn the song pretty well, as evidenced by this clip...

On the other hand, I've pretty much had my fill of this song, and I am ready for the radio to do the singing for me.

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE CAR TO GO TO THE SHOP ON FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: