Monday, November 2, 2009

Refreshed

I've felt rather spent lately. I know that its largely due to the fact that I'm a mom of 4 kids, and we've had a lot going on in the past few weeks. You know, on top of all of the regular stuff (school, soccer, swimming and scouts), adding Halloween, the flu and training Evan to sleep in his big boy bed kind of took my tiredness to the next level. :) And on top of that, when there's a lot going on with the kids, I don't sleep well at night.

So today I took a nap. The stars aligned where Evan was napping, the kids were at school, and I was sufficiently caught up with housework so that I didn't feel guilty for laying down.

I slept for 2 hours! I felt like a new woman...refreshed, less emotional, energetic. Sleep is a miraculous thing, and I've decided that I need to do more of it. ;) I'm a fan.

On another note...
The kids brought home their first report cards of the year tonight. They did such a good job! My favorite comments from their teachers were: Voracious reader!! Such a good listener! So enthusiastic! Strong in math! Well-liked by classmates. Noticable improvements in organizational skills. Polite.
I am so proud of them! (I'm on the verge of popping, Dad, just so you know.)

Here's the latest example I have of Caroline's writing. I love watching a Kindergartener learn and grow. It never ceases to amaze me. (You can click on the picture to see it bigger.)


Finally, here's a little duet by Caroline and Evan, Days of the Week sung to the tune of the Addams Family:

No comments: