Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I am not a night person.

Never have been. However, ever since we've had kids, this trait of mine has been even more pronounced.

I have tried to fight it. Evening after the kids are in bed seem like an opportune time to catch up, relax with a t.v. show or blogging, whatever. That time can be so peaceful after a full day, I sometimes don't want it to end, and wind up staying up much too late. The next day is tough, and caffeine is a necessity.

I am finding, however, that resistance is futile. My body wants to go to sleep when the kids do. I am a lot like my dad in that way. I can remember that when he would read to us at night, he would often fall asleep mid-sentence. That's me too. I get ready for bed when the kids do, knowing that when I finally read with our oldest, I will more than likely fall asleep before he does. :)

Last night (as well as many other nights this week), I fell asleep reading with Henry before 9. I woke up at 4:30, feeling well-rested and ready for the day. So I got up, and enjoyed the early morning peace before the kids wake up.

I am ready for the day today.

No comments: