Monday, April 19, 2010

He's serious about his smoothies.

This boy has grown tired of the standard breakfast fare, so a few days ago, we tried to switch things up with smoothies.

Our blender has been busy ever since. He not only needs them before school, but he needs their sustenance after school while doing his homework.

Obviously, Seth loves his smoothies. Mom does too. What's not to like? They are healthy, tasty, and ever so easy to make.

Here's his favorites:

Strawberry-Banana Smoothie
-1 banana
-5 or 6 strawberries
-3/4 cup skim milk
-a little sugar to taste
-a few ice cubes if you like it cold
Blend.

Peanut Butter-Banana Smoothie
-1 banana
-2 heaping TBSP of peanut butter
-3/4 cup skim milk
-a little honey (1 TBSP?)
-a few ice cubes if you like it cold
Blend.

Yum!

2 comments:

Monkee said...

I love smoothies too! However, I can not do milk...so..I make mine like this:

1 banana
1 container (one serving size) of strawberry banana yogurt
8oz apple juice
a few ice cubes if you like

If I am feeling REALLY healthy, I add a scoop of protiene powder...(you can't taste it, but it does make it really frothy)

and top it all off with whip cream :P

Sarah said...

Thanks! And I love the idea of the protein powder. Think I'll have to go pick up some of that.