Friday, January 22, 2010

I've been booted.

Well, I've been booted at least for today.

I volunteer in Caroline's classroom every other Friday. It's so fun to see her in action, get to know her friends, and see what her class is up to. We both always look forward to it.

However, a couple of days ago, she asked if her dad could come in my place. A few of Caroline's friends' fathers have come in to help, and she really, really wanted her Daddy to come to her classroom too. When he said that he could come, Caroline was beside herself. :)
What I wouldn't give to be a little fly on the wall in her classroom to see how their afternoon goes. ;) Caroline's teacher, Miss Pierson, always keeps her volunteers very busy reading with the kids, helping with projects and activities, putting up and taking down bulliten boards, etc. It would be so fun to see him in action, and to see how proud Caroline is to have her dad in the classroom with her. However, I guess I'll just have to wait until they get home to get the play-by-play.
She does love her Daddy. Is it any wonder why?


2 comments:

5boys4kathy said...

That's so awesome that he did that! I saw him coming out of the school, but didn't know why. He really is a great dad! And tell your math whiz, and two little reading wizards that I said way to go on their report cards!

BTW, Alex told me the Noseks are his second favorite family...after the Spence's, lol.

Sarah said...

I love that Alex kid! :) Tell your boys that we said way to go too!
Caroline told me that she now wants us to take turns volunteering. :) I'm not sure how that'll work with Dave's work schedule, lol.