Saturday, October 25, 2008

Friday Night Family Fun

Last night, we were supposed to go to the local high school football game for a scouting activity. Unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate. A big thunderstorm blew in complete with huge claps of thunder and even hail. We made the best of it...we watched the lightning show out of the front window for a while(see picture), watched Stormchasers on TV, and had a fire in our fireplace. As fun as the football game would have been, I preferred this, being warm, dry and cozy in our house.
Henry wanted to add his own personal story about last night:
We thought the storm was over, so my mom and dad said that I
could go and get a hailstone. I had just run out of the garage and picked one up when lightning struck. It seemed like it hit across the street next to our neighbors' house. Everything lit up, and then I came running back inside with my hands covering my ears because of the huge thunder that came almost right away. It shook the whole house, and I was happy when I was back inside.

No comments: